3.11.08

Nickie Gets Pierced - hilarity does not ensue

On Sunday afternoon, instead of studying, I went and met Shana at Strange City for my birthday/christmas present.
Anyways, I get there and fill out the paperwork, pick out the jewelry, and wait for them to set up the room. Sara comes and gets me and I bring Shana in with me. It started with some cleaning, which was qtips up my nose with a cleaning product, so far up it felt like they should be touching my brain. Then she took a lot of time to carefully mark my nose with symmetric dots - during this process I finally realized how crooked my nose is, just a little, but it affected the piercing. It seems like she pierced it to accommodate the slight tilt. After I okayed the marking I laid down and she checked the depth, cleaned the outside again. Put
the receiving tube all the way up my right nostril (which I think was the worst part) made me cringe try to move my head away and clench my toes. I kept feeling like I was going to sneeze, but I knew I wasnt going to, she lined up the needle, warned me that it was going to be sharp, told me to berathe in deep, and then out, and as soon as I breated out I got a needle through the nose. Now, suprisingly enough, the pain didnt outweight the discomfort, so ass soon as the receving tube released pressure i was fine. My right eye watered pretty bad, she said I could wipe it and I said id wait until the needle was out of my nose, she changed the needle for jewlery and I cleaned up. Shana came to look at the one and seemed pretty excited. And then the left side. The receiving tube felt MUCH more uncomfortable, and the piercing sucked, a lot.
Two days later I feel like, its pressure on my nose, no more than you would get from a decent cold. It feels weird if I cringe or flare my nostrils, but otherwise its doing fine. They look GREAT with my septum, and cute with my glasses. It was a perfect present from the best of best friends ♥ I dont think I could have gotten a better piercing ever. Now to wait out the 6 weeks it takes to heal them!

Photobucket


ALSOALSOALSO
DEAR AMERICANS,
IF YOU FUCK UP AND ELECT MCCAIN/PALIN FOR 2008-2012 IM NEVER VISITING YOUR COUNTRY AGAIN (except maybe California, but only because Arnie is there). Im watching a live update right now and Im hoping I can get a signal in philosophy in order to keep watching it. Only 2 states have counted, but McCain is winning by 5 seats. GOBAMA! Even if you loose, keep trying, and try again 2012, maybe america wont be so fucking stupid. (even though following the political history of USA they should be voting Democrat this time around)

LOVE,
NICKIE

ps. comments make me happy, EVERYONE!
pps. you can also comment with a LJ account kthnxbye

5 comments:

Wulf Eigler said...

Here is a comment for you.

Beans said...

http://www.cnn.com/ELECTION/2008/results/president/

77 electoral votes for Obama vs. 34 for McCain! :D

NickieC said...

when I posted it only 2 states had finished counting...now Obama is kicking ass and taking names!
Plus hes going to get Florida which is 23 votes, however McCain will get texas, which is like 33
but Obama will still win

Beans said...

OMG YAAAAAAY HE WON HE WON! XD

Sarah said...

i'm so happy obama won. best thing that could possibly happen for the united states.

and now palin can go back to alaska/russia/mars/wherever the fuck she's from. god, i never want to see her face or hear her voice ever again.